Recipe: Raw Nectarine Tart
Looking for an easy, impressive, delicious, and healthy dessert that you don’t even have to turn the oven on for? Look no further for this is my new favorite summer dessert recipe. Packed full of protein and low in sugar, this is one”pie” that is dietitian approved even as a breakfast option. It’s also gluten free, vegan and raw, so take this to your next summer gathering and everyone can taste a bite. Enjoy!
Raw Nectarine Tart
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cups cashews
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 3 cups fresh nectarines, sliced
- 1 juice of lemon
- drizzle of honey
- Grind all nuts in food processor until finely chopped. Add all remaining crust ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Gently press the Nut/Date dough into a 10 inch pie or tart pan and up the sides. Press firmly until a crust is formed.
- Chill in the freezer at least 2 hours or refrigerator overnight.
- To make the filling, cut the nectarines in half, remove the pit. Thinly slice the nectarines and arrange in a circular pattern in the crust.
- Sprinkle with fresh squeezed lemon juice and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately or wrap tightly with clear wrap and keep in the refrigerator.