Recipe: Roasted Carrot and Chickpea Salad with Dill
This salad is a favorite of my personal chef clients. It’s very simple and quite tasty. I love to use rainbow carrots if I can find them and if you’re not vegan, crumbled goat or feta cheese would make a nice addition!
Roasted Carrot and Chickpea Salad with Dill
- 1/2 lb carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 1/4 cup chopped
- 3 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Place carrots on parchment paper on a large baking sheet. Coat with olive oil.
- Roast the carrots until tender, approx. 35 minutes, will depend on the size of each carrot).
- Place in a bowl along with the cooked chickpeas, dill, and sunflower seeds. Measure in the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss until well combined. Taste and adjust salt as needed. This salad can be eaten immediately but does taste a bit better if allowed to rest for an hour or so.