Recipe: Homemade Granola
Whether or not you celebrate Easter, you may be looking for a delicious, healthy recipe to add to your breakfast repertoire. This one is a staple in my house and whenever that jar gets low I make sure to whip up another batch. It works great for breakfast, a snack or even to satisfy a sweet tooth. Enjoy!
Total time: 45 minutes
Yields: 6 cups; Serving size: ½ cup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds, walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup dried, unsweetened fruit (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Spread the oats, nuts and coconut on a baking sheet with sides. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients are lightly toasted but not yet golden. Transfer the ingredients to a large bowl.