Recipe: Lemon Zest Ravioli with Zucchini Ribbons, Burst Cherry Tomatoes, Burrata and Fresh Corn
- 1 pound fresh lemon zest ravioli from Trader Joe’s (or any other pasta of preference)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 pound zucchini, (about 3 small), very thinly sliced lengthwise (see Tip)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ear of corn, kernels sliced off of the cob
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil, plus some for garnish
- Burrata (optional)
- Fried zucchini blossoms (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook ravioli until they float, 3 to 5 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the butter is beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add shallots and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, corn, salt, nutmeg and pepper and continue cooking, stirring often, until the tomatoes are just starting to break down, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in basil. Add the ravioli and toss to coat. Serve immediately, topped with optional fried zucchini blossoms and burrata and additional basil.
Tip: To make “ribbon-thin” zucchini, slice lengthwise with a vegetable peeler or a mandoline slicer.