Recipe: Peanut Butter Chia Oat Bars
I have to admit, I love a good Rx bar, but homeade snacks are where its at in terms of cost effectiveness and nutrient profile. It’s so easy to customize homeade bars to whatever your nutrient needs may be: low sugar, high protein, high omega’s etc. One of my favorite nutrient dense snacks are my protein power balls, but I was ready to change it up a bit. These were quick, easy and tasty! Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Chia Oat Bars
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup oat flour (oatmeal pulsed in food processor for a few seconds)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I used coconut)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (room temperature or warm)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 raisins, soaked in 1/4 cup water and blended in the food processor
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish
- Combine oatmeal, oat flour, baking powder, chia seeds, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract and milk together and mix well
- In a separate bowl, add the honey, raisin mixture and peanut butter together.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well until everything is combined
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let the bars cool for about 20-30 minutes, cut into squares and enjoy!