Recipe: Spring Vegetable Pasta Salad
I have been celebrating the arrival of spring by loading up on seasonal ingredients. This recipe is highly adaptable depending on what stage of the season you are in and what fresh produce is available to you. This also holds up really well and lasted one whole week in my household. Enjoy!
- 8 oz. of cooked pasta of choice
- 1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, cut in 1/2 inch pieces on the bias
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 bunch of asparagus ribbons, done with a vegetable peeler
- fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. small mozzarella balls (optional)
- DRESSING: 1 part white balsamic vinegar to 3 parts olive oil with a touch of dijon mustard to thicken it up
- Take a big bowl and stir all your ingredients together, drizzling the dressing in little by little, adding salt and pepper to taste and adjusting as necessary
- Garnish the top with a little bit of each ingredient and some freshly ground pepper.