Recipe: Roasted Beet Hummus
Roasted Beet Hummus
- 1 small beet
- 1 15 oz. can (1 3/4 cup) cooked chickpeas, drained
- juice of half a large lemon
- healthy pinch salt and black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 heaping Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Roast a beet in the oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Scrub beet clean, cut off stem and wrap in foil, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, tightly close foil pack and roast until fork tender, about an hour. Allow to cool a few minutes and then the peel should slip off easily with your fingers. Cut off root end.
- Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor with remaining ingredients, except for oil.
- Start food processor and drizzle in oil as it blends.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.