Recipe Slow Cooker Pumpkin Curry
I think we have all been longing for summer lately; the feeling has been intense for me. It’s not just the warmth and sunshine I have been craving, although believe me, that does sound incredible. But the thing I miss most is having fresh food from my own garden. I have been pining for the days when I can pick my dinner ingredients right from outside my house, quickly prepare them in my kitchen and head right back out to the garden to enjoy them.
Unfortunately, it’s going to be awhile until that happens again but we were able to enjoy some of our homegrown produce for dinner tonight. We finally cut up some pumpkins that have been sitting on our table for months and made them into a delicious curry.
- 1 15 ounce can of unsweetened coconut milk (full fat, not light)
- 6 cups diced pumpkin or any winter squash
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 1 lime